NO IN-PERSON WORSHIP
WORSHIP SERVICES WILL BE RECORDED ON
TUESDAYS AT 10:00 AM
From the President, Nancy Walters…I want to thank everyone for their help in making Pastor Bill’s last Sunday with us a memorable one. His son, Patrick, and his family drove from Columbus to be here with us and sang a duet with Pastor Bill. The Choir sang at the late service and the Bell Choir played at both services. The duet with Pastor and Randall Beckley was awesome. I am not sure how anyone was keeping it together emotionally. We will surely miss both he and Ronda. The congregation presented them with a garden angel and a gift card from Lowe’s (we heard that they need a little work in their new house).
Now the work begins. We have an interim pastor, but he will not be here until the fall. We will be virtual indefinitely starting Sunday, July 26. The coronavirus numbers are not looking good. Let’s stay home and wear a mask if you do need to go out. Randall Beckley has offered to help anyone who needs it with receiving the recorded services. Please contact the church office and we will make sure it happens.
I now have a voice mailbox at the church. If you need to reach me, you can call me at home at 330-889-3382, by cell at 330-469-8838, or follow the prompts at the church at 330-856-5302.
Arlene Barkan had to resign her Council position as Evangelism/Membership Committee Chairperson due to illness. We thank you, Arlene, for your years of service. If you would be interested in filling this vacancy, please contact the church office, me, or any Council member. Donna Wright has volunteered to fill the Fellowship Committee Chairperson vacancy and Council approved the filling of this position. We are still in need of a Property Committee Chairperson. Again, if you are interested, please contact the church office, me, or any Council member. We would like to get these open positions filled before our interim begins, so please prayerfully consider accepting one of these positions.
Covenant for Departing Pastors, Northeastern Ohio Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America…It has been my privilege to serve the mission and ministry of Living Lord Lutheran Church as Pastor during these past ten years. As God called me for a time to serve among you, God now calls me forth to serve in a new way, in a new place, among a new people though still one in the body of Christ.
In prayerful conversation with the Congregation Council of Living Lord Lutheran Church, I have discussed the policies and expectations of the Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and I enter into the following covenant.
- to pray for the ongoing mission of the congregation and for their new pastor;
- to communicate to the congregation, in writing and in conversation, the terms of the covenant, which terminates this pastoral relationship;
- to not be involved in any leadership or advisory role (public or private) in this congregation and to refrain from behaviors that seek in any way to control the transition process, including any attempt to influence the choice of a successor;
- to refrain from language or behavior that could undermine the development of the relationship between the congregation and a new pastor (interim or successor), including social media;
- to refuse to offer support or advice to anyone involved in a congregational disagreement;
- to refuse requests for pastoral services made by members of the congregation, including baptisms, weddings, funerals, anniversaries, visiting the sick and homebound;
- to consult with the current pastor regarding my attendance at worship and special events;
- to encourage my family members to support me in maintaining this covenant and to support the ministry of the congregation’s new pastor.
(Other items may be added that are consistent with the particular relationship and mission of this congregation.)
It is understood that this covenant does not affect or require termination of friendships with individuals who are members of this congregation.
Signature of Pastor: s/William D. Leitch Date: s/7-10-2020
Witnessed by President (Vice-President): s/Nancy B. Walters Date: s/7-12-2020
After sharing this covenant with the congregation, please mail a photocopy of the completed and signed document to the office of the Northeastern Ohio Synod, where it will be kept in the departing pastor’s file.
Church Information…Please remember that you can obtain church information from the monthly Lamplighter Newsletter, the Constant Contact emails you receive, on the church website (www.lllc.org), on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Living-Lord-Lutheran-Church-493806727349110/), and postings on the church bulletin board. Church Council Meeting minutes are posted on the bulletin board and sent out via Constant Contact. We would like to see a better “open rate” when we send information to you via Constant Contact so that we know you are being informed of the activities that are occurring at the church. If you have any other suggestions on how best to reach out to our parishioners, please see a Council member.